This guide will root your device through Stock MI recovery, but this is not Native Root. A new app named SuperSU will be installed, which will give root Permission.
Note : - Rooting does not Void Warranty.
This is a safe process, but We are not responsible for anything bad that happens to your phone.
In most cases this approach of rooting should not block OTA updates.
Redmi 2/Prime Stable/Developer Global ROM.
Stock MI-Recovery 2.0.1
Steps to follow for rooting:
1. Download the Root.zip and Copy the file to the folder 'Internal storage' (root of internal storage)
2. Open the Updater app, Press the 3 dots at Right Top Corner, A menu will open. Tap on “Choose Update Package“ and select the Root.zip File.
3. Wait until device will reboot.
4. After reboot a new app SuperSu will be installed.
5. Open the app and Choose"Continue".
6. Choose "Normal", Don't Choose TWRP/CWM, device will go into Boot Loop.
7. After sucessful updation , press ok.
8. Your Phone has now Root Permission.
Open any app using Root permission and SuperSU will ask for Permission.
Enjoy your rooted Redmi 2.
Un Root The Device:-
For Un Root , open the SuperSU app,tap on Settings, Choose Full Unroot.
Your Device is Un Rooted Sucessfully.The SuperSU app will be removed.
Please give Feedback.Here is the Video Tutorial for Rooting.
Thanks @satyajit_ghana for Video Tutorial
@AndroidFuchs Gets help from his Guide for Redmi 1S. Redmi 1S Rooting
@satyajit_ghana for inspiring to try on making Root File.