Here’s a list of suggestions for those still wondering what he/she should do after unboxing the Redmi.
- Protect your Redmi. Protect your phone physically with a screen protector and case cover.
- Install SIM card. Remove the back cover, insert the SIM card into the SIM card slot with the metal tab facing downwards. And for your info, Redmi is using the standard (not micro, or nano) SIM card.
- Install memory card. Redmi supports Micro SD memory card with maximum capacities of 32GB. If you’ve bought the memory card together with the phone, it’s time to insert it into the memory slot before closing the back cover.
- Read the Quick Start Guide. Read the 1-page Quick Start Guide that comes in the box, and quickly learn about the device layout and the locations of the SIM card and SD card slots.
- Charge your phone. Usually, the battery is not fully charged when you first turn on your Redmi. So, go ahead and use the USB cable to connect to your computer for charging. For your info, Redmi only comes with a USB, but not the USB power adapter.
- Power On and setup the Phone. When you switch on your phone for the first time, you’ll be prompted to set it up. Just follow the onscreen instructions, and it’ll be up and running in no time.
- Go through the Readme app. Looking for the Redmi user guide ? There’s one on the phone itself. On your phone, launch the Readme app to read the user guide and FAQ.
- Update firmware. On your Redmi, launch the Settings app
- Update apps. Surely, not all built-in apps are up to date when you first power on your Redmi. And by default, the pre-installed apps from the Play Store will update automatically as soon as you’ve the Wi-Fi connected. If not, you can launch Play Store, tap the Menu icon
- Enable password on the lock screen. By default, the screen lock security is set toNone. On your Redmi, find and launch Settings
Note: The steps here were written for Android 4.2.2 on a Redmi (HM1W). If you’re having a different model of Redmi or other version of MIUI, there’s a possibility that the steps and screenshots will be different